Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dressing like a 25 year old

Somehow I am 25 years old.
I don't remember it happening, but it happened and I have to accept it... I am 25.
Being a lover of all things pink, floral, lace, and tulle, I have to constantly be careful of my outfit selections- I can be mistaken for a 15 year old in a second.
But often I feel even older than I really am and sometimes am drawn to things my grandmother may wear. (she is a fashionable women with a closet full of Kate Spade- so don't feel offended for her)
It's this crazy fine balance; the life of a 25 year old- don't dress too young, don't dress too old.

Naturally I choose leopard because it can go horribly wrong (who likes to play it safe?)
With the first outfit, I tried to keep it classy with a black necklace, but realized I was playing on that  "too old" line.
A simple necklace and shoe swap made for a much more age-appropriate outfit selection.
The yellow necklace keeps the outfit youthful and the nude pumps add some age.
It's a tricky balance... does it get better with age?








What about you guys? Ever have a hard time deciding if something is age appropriate?


Happy Wednesday!!!
Don't forget to check the sidebar for ways to stay connected. 


Xoxo,
Nicole
Linking up: Here


3 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job of dressing age appropriate! I can absolutely relate to this because {much to my dismay}, I am also 25 but love trendy clothes and accessories! So I will occasionally find myself thinking "am I too old for this"? But most of the time I wear it anyway :)
    xx,
    Ashley | Raspberry Glow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see how the yellow necklace gives the whole outfit a more youthful look, but honestly I think you look great in both outfits. I recently bought a pair of dark wash jeans with a slightly higher waist, fitted but not tight, with the thought that I should have at least one "grown up" pair of jeans by now, and my husband calls them "mom jeans". Mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is this bag from? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...